I posted a week and a bit ago about a Green Action group that was being formed in Melbourne.
Well, we had our inaugural meeting last weekend in the Botanic Gardens and it was a success. We had a reasonable number of people turn up, and topics covered many areas of sustainable living.
As an ongoing means of communication, we've decided to form an LJ community. The group is now called greenripples and the community is up and running. Post will include information about:
- all aspects of sustainability,
- eco-topics of relevance specifically to Melbourne (a bonus whe so much of the environmental movement is based elsewhere in the world!),
- how to live more more sustainably,
- basic green skills coverering everything from choosing a more environmentally friendly laundry detergent to making your own shampoo and growing veggies,
- details on upcoming meetings (approximately every three weeks, totally optional and usually on weekends)
- how to reduce your eco-footprint
- how to raise environmentally aware kids
- how not to piss off less-sustainable friends and family (!!)
- details on environmentally-based tours, outings and protests
If this sounds like the sort of group you'd be interested in, please consider joining.
In case you're wondering why we're called greenripples? It's because we, as a group, feel that sustainability starts with the individual and echoes outwards, like ripples in a pond. It's when you share information that you make it powerful, and sharing information in a positive way is what we're all about.
See you at greenripples - http://community.livejournal.com/greenr